- Experienced in health care law, including a special focus representing dental professionals and substance use disorder treatment centers.
- Practice in real estate litigation and real estate transactions, including acquisitions, foreclosures, sales, land contracts, leases and ownership structuring and title related matters.
- Practice in business transactions, including drafting and negotiating all types of business contracts and licensing agreements.
- Representing dental professionals on a variety of dental-specific needs, including business formations, practice transitions and real estate matters.
- Experienced in assisting clients with licensing, insurance and regulatory compliance in connection with the formation and continued operation of substance abuse treatment centers.
- Experienced in land use entitlements, including special use permits and variances, with extensive experience representing substance use disorder treatment centers all over Michigan.
- Experienced in corporate law, including business formations, dissolutions, mergers, acquisitions, sales, reorganizations, financing, restructuring, corporate resolutions, and daily operational issues.
Outside General Counsel Services
As an option to our clients, we offer our services as outside general counsel, which allows you access to routine legal assistance while minimizing the costs to your business. We understand that many small businesses cannot maintain full-time in-house general counsel. We also understand that specialized attorneys from large firms can be cost prohibitive. Our attorneys believe that many legal problems can be avoided by the limited involvement of legal counsel on a routine basis. We offer flexible billing structures and can provide services pursuant to a monthly service plan or an hourly fee. We can assist as your outside general counsel, including representation in the following areas:
- Contract preparation and negotiation.
- Corporate formations, resolutions, and governance.
- Routine employment advice.
- Real estate matters.
- Business financing.
- Routine phone calls, emails, and legal troubleshooting.
- Identification and mitigation of legal risk.
Originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan, Phillip Slot practiced law in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in Southern California. After practicing for a number of years, he returned to his home state of Michigan, practicing with a mid-sized law firm where he specialized in representing substance abuse treatment facilities. In 2013, Phillip started his own law firm, Slot Law Group, PLLC, offering the experience gained from working with a larger firm with the efficiency and customer care that only a small firm can provide. Phillip has dedicated his practice to real estate and business transactions and litigation with a special focus representing substance abuse treatment facilities all over the State of Michigan. “Our goal is to make every client feel like they are our only client.”
- Volunteer attorney at Red Project (Grand Rapids Non-Profit in the substance abuse treatment field).
- Alternate member of the City of Grand Rapids Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Practiced in Grand Rapids, Michigan with Kreis, Enderle, Hudgins & Borsos, P.C.
- Practiced in Los Angeles, California representing some of the largest real estate developers in California, and focusing in the areas of business and real estate litigation as well as land use law and environmental compliance, including extensive practice under the California Environmental Quality Act.
- Served as a judicial extern for Chief Judge Robert Bell of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Michigan.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- Grand Valley State University, B.B.A. cum laude
Contact Slot Law Group
Our goal is to make every client feel like they are our only client.
Our offices are conveniently located in downtown Grand Rapids. We offer the experience gained from large and specialized law firms with the customer care and personal attention of a small firm to provide effective solutions to your legal problems.